Monday, November 16, 2009

I Sing The Snooze Button Electric

Lately I've been having a ton of trouble waking up. I've got this habit of smacking the snooze button about four times before actually waking up and then zooming around the house, grabbing a piece of toast, and absolutely trucking to school on my bike in the span of ten or twenty minutes.

Last night, I went to bed late; around 12. I was a little worried about what would happen in the morning. My snooze duration is about 5 minutes long, so I set it to be 10 minutes instead.

The difference was incredible. My alarm went off at 7:00 as it usually does, and I smacked the snooze button. The next ten minutes, I was actually able to relax and wake myself up. It seems like when there's only five minutes I spend the whole five minutes frantically trying to relax, all the while knowing it's going to go off again any minute, but with ten minutes it actually seems like a fair amount of time to snooze. When I got up, I wasn't tired and didn't have to rush too much. It was amazing.

Sunday we had the cooking party with four ladies from Eikaiwa - Toshiko, Sanae, Mieko, and Keiko. We had a ton of fun. Toshiko and Mieko both brought salads, and Mieko also brought us some strawberry saplings! We'll have strawberries next year if I don't murder them horribly! I made spaghetti carbonara according to my mom's recipe. I want to make another batch of it soon and bring it to school for bento for a little while, since, amazingly, the six of us ate the whole pan of it (and believe me it makes a crapload of spaghetti). Of course, we were full as all, but...

The new student is really cute and sweet. Luckily her assistant teacher DOES speak English, and actually owns the import store in Omiya! She's super nice, too. The students are being really nice to the new student as well, so I'm happy about that - Japanese schools are known to have bullying problems sometimes....

Hm, I think that's all I have to update about.

1 comment:

TemporalBeing said...

That's why I have 2 alarms set 15 minutes apart. Works great!

-Clock