Thursday, November 19, 2009

寒いね! (It's COLD!)

Brrrrrrrrrrr. It's cold. It's getting to the point where I'm not a fan.

Last night I went out to the Lawson (our convenience store -- about a 20 minute bike ride away) to pay the internet bill. I felt a little safer this time than I did last time, but it still freaks me out. I stopped at the Komeri (housewares and garden store) and grabbed a garden spade for the strawberry SEEDLINGS (thanks Alex XD). I chatted with the cashier a little and she smiled and told me that the middle school was full of kids with colds, and to be careful. It's kind of nice being well-known in a small town.

We got our Playstation 2 from Alex's mom and our movies and games from my mom so now we are SET FOR WINTER. :) However, this is also a good opportunity to sort of elucidate on my specific brand of OCD. I have this...I mean...sometimes my room/desk/whatever is a huge mess, but when I have a collection of things in a space, like, a collection of CDs in a CD case, I HAVE to sort them in a logically sound fashion. So I spent about an hour sorting our case into - TV series, movies, anime TV series, anime movies, PS1 games, PS2 games, Gamecube games, and Wii games. Within those categories I subsorted into alphabetical order. I felt better after it was done.

So, now, when I get home, I smooch Alex, cuddle under the kotatsu, and pop in a game.

However, my OCD gets me here too. The strange thing is, if I have a list of things, or a sequence of things, even if the list was placed in a non-relevant order, I have to do them in that order. I started playing Chocobo's Dungeon because it was alphabetically the first of the PS1 games. The disc crapped out (typical) so now I'm playing Chrono Cross, which I've been meaning to play for EVER but finally am getting a chance to. Twitch, twitch. Must play in order...

I've got a headache today, but I'm holding out for the weekend -- three day weekend! Plus, I don't have my naughty shogakko (elementary) tomorrow! I only have the sweet angelic shogakko today. <3

1 comment:

Hal said...

Precious you and your OCD. XD