Friday, November 13, 2009

Seriously: Autumnal Infestation

So, you remember how I posted about the abundance of persimmons in our house? Maybe the post from less than a day ago about how I was trying to use up some of our persimmons? Or maybe the several recipes I've fabricated so that I can use up some persimmons?

We just got six more.

Don't get me wrong. I've learned to love persimmons rather quickly and I tend to wonder why I hated them so much as a child.

Luckily, we have a plan to use them all up before the weekend is out. Tomorrow, I shall make the persimmony rice pudding (again) and package it up to hand out to our English conversation group tomorrow night. Sunday, Nat's having some of the ladies over for a pasta lunch. The last of our persimmons will become fritters for dessert.

I fully expect to receive more persimmons on Sunday. It's the seasonal gift and, being a more rural community, everyone is related to at least one person with a persimmon tree. I was saving some seeds to see if I could start a persimmon bonsai. Maybe I should rethink this...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey, I just got another one at school. XD

Alexander said...

Bwah! XD